PERSONALIZED DNA TESTING
Pharmacogenetic testing provides evidence-based, actionable data that creates a personalized perspective for clinicians. This will help healthcare providers tailor any treatment plans to patients’ specific needs and provides insight into unexpected drug monitoring results.
The advancement of genetic research has led the healthcare community to have a greater understanding and the importance of genetics in all disease states. As a result, this has created a much higher demand for pharmacogenetic testing.
Personalized medicine uses not only genetic makeup but also lifestyle behavior as well as any other risk factors.
• Over 100,000 of Americans die each year due to medication related issues, and over 770,000 of Americans are hospitalized each year
due to Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs)
• 2.2 Million Severe Drug Reactions each year
• ADR’s result in $177 Billion in increased direct health care costs each year
• ADR’s are the cost leader for malpractice payouts
• ADR’s 3rd Leading cause of deaths ahead of heart disease and cancer